Event Series: Leave No Trace Spotlight
Leave No Trace Spotlight
October 27 - October 29
The VIC has been chosen as a 2023 Leave No Trace Spotlight! This October 2023 we will be joined by a Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Team in order to bring attention to the challenges that the VIC and the greater Adirondack region is facing and to shine a spotlight on how our community is rising to meet them. The multi-day event will include Leave No Trace education, outreach, and stewardship with the goal to build momentum and inspire involvement for the future.
Friday, October 27th, 2023
- 10am-12pm: Look for the Leave No Trace Team booth set up at the Heron Marsh Trailhead (or inside the lodge, weather permitting).
- 5-7pm: Join the VIC and the Leave No Trace Traveling Team on Friday October 27th at Hex and Hop for Trivia.
Saturday, October 28th, 2023
- 9am-12:30pm: Volunteer to participate in the Stewardship Project to clean-up around the Butterfly House and meadow, RSVP here! Spots are limited.
- 2-3pm Leave No Trace Traveling Team will give a lecture in VIC theater: “How to Leave No Trace & Reduce your Waste in the Outdoors and Your Daily Life.”
- Learn how to protect and enjoy Paul Smith’s VIC, the Adirondacks, and all your favorite outdoor spaces with practical and easy tips for reducing waste and minimizing your impacts, both in the outdoors and in your daily life. Find out how long it takes for common trash items to decompose and why we should always pack it in, pack it out and other important ways to promote a sustainable future through Leave No Trace.
Sunday, October 29th, 2023
- 9:30am-11:30am: Look for the Leave No Trace Team booth set up at the Heron Marsh Trailhead (or inside the lodge, weather permitting).